So I’m totally excited to participate in Sabrina’s Spooktacular Blog Hop. Even though I am moving out of this house tomorrow, I really didn’t want to miss it, so here’s a little bit about why Halloween is my favorite time of year!
Don’t you just love all the spooky movies that come on this time of year? You can turn the TV on any time of the day or night in the month of October and catch any of these. Here are my 10 favorites:
1. Halloweentown. Yes I know it’s for kids, but who said I’ve grown up?
2. Hocus Pocus. Who doesn’t love Bette Midler with those giant fake teeth?
3. Twitches. Again, for kids, but this is such a cute movie about twin witches trying to find their birth parents.
4. Creepshow. Based on Steven King lore. Need I say more?
5. Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Gary Oldman was the best Dracula, EVER.
6. Fright Night. I’m torn between the original since, well, it was the original, and the remake, because it is so well done. (And hello, Colin Farrell!)
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I know I’m the minority, but I found this movie with Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry so much more entertaining than the series. I think I prefer Buffy to be ditzy. Or maybe Sarah Michelle Gellar just gets on my nerves.
8. Trick ‘r Treat. If you haven’t seen this cheesy B-movie with Anna Paquin, you are missing out. I shouldn’t really call it cheesy, because it did scare the living crap out of me. But then again, I am sort of a wimp.
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street. Now, I’ll admit I still find this one a bit hard to watch. Traumatic flashbacks of my first time watching it (without my mom’s permission) as a young teen have come back to haunt me. Karma’s a b*tch! But a shirtless Johnny Depp always makes things better, doesn’t it?
10. American Werewolf in London. Was there anything more horrifying than watching that poor man wolf out in slow motion in the living room of his small apartment? No, no there wasn’t.
Or how about Mummies in a Blanket?
Chocolate witches’ hats. Delish!
I also happen to think dog costumes are hilarious. This isn’t MY little Boston “Terror” but it sure looks like him. He’d totally have this attitude face, too, if I dressed him up like a Chia Pet! And they probably wonder why he chews up their sh*t while they’re at work!
I also love Halloween because it is the time of year when the weather becomes just perfect. It cools down, you have sunny days with clear skies, usually, and you know the holidays are on the way. I’m in Florida now, and yes it is still 80 degrees today on Oct 30, but I’m moving to Colorado next week so I’m happy to get some seasons back. No worries, I’ll be whining about the cold soon enough 🙂
Here is the next – and last – participant in the blog hop! Sabrina herself. Go check out her page! Do it!
Sabrina’s Paranormal Palace/
I’ll close with a photo of my daughter’s zombie cheerleader costume she’s wearing this year. You know, ’cause I’m a mom. And that’s just what we do.
Happy Halloween, y’all!
PS – Do not forget to enter the Rafflecopter to win tons o’ prizes. Including some by yours truly!